Intermediate and Advanced Apprentice Pool (Ref: B0246DA)
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: BSD/14/3416
- Published on: Fri 07/03/2014 17:00 PM
- Closing on: Fri 21/03/2014 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: Level 2 £100, Level 3 £115 per week
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
Are you looking for an opening into an exciting and rewarding career in either Business Administration or Customer Services ?
There are lots of benefits to doing an Apprenticeship. You can earn while you learn, and learn in a way that is best suited to you – through hands-on experience on the job. Key benefits of being an apprentice include:
• earning a salary (£100 – £115 per week)
• getting paid holidays
• receiving training
• gaining qualifications
• learning job-specific skills
An Apprenticeship with Medway Council will also give you the opportunity to obtain an insight into a diverse organisation that can offer a wide range of career opportunities.
Applications are currently being invited for entry into Medway Council’s Intermediate and Advanced Apprentice Pool’s, in the areas of Business Administration and Customer Services. Successful appointment to the pool will mean that you are considered for all advanced apprenticeship opportunities that arise in these subject areas, within the council.
Applicants must hold/have the following:
• Demonstrable experience and ability to use ICT packages i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel
• Effective numeracy and literacy skills
• A willingness to work towards achieving an NVQ level 2, a technical certificate and (if not already achieved) a level 2 qualification in Maths and English
• Ability to communicate in a manner which is easily understood and tailored to meet the needs of the audience.
Along with all other essential requirements as listed in the job profile below.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 01634 332878.
Please note that if you are shortlisted for interview we will normally contact you via email, therefore, please ensure you state this on your application.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/employees.html for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
Closing Date: 21 March 2014