INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Salary: £28,842 - £33,933
Contract: Permanent – 36 hours
Closing Date: 21 May 2017
Our move into new Civic Offices in 2014 happened at the ideal time. It allowed us to work even more closely together to transform the Council at a time of unprecedented challenge and opportunity.
We are looking for someone to join our small communications team and build on the good work we have done over the past couple of years.
You will play a key role in ensuring we have effective and flexible two-way communication with our diverse workforce, using a range of channels.
You will be experienced in producing written and multimedia materials to communicate and engage with staff at all levels of the organisations about a wide range of issues.
Ideally you will have a relevant qualification, but even more important is a track record of achievement and creativity, together with the personality to work well with colleagues, partners and others on every conceivable issue.
You will play a key role in ensuring that colleagues have the information they need to inspire and motivate them to help the Council continue to innovate and improve.
We are a small and close-knit team. The post will give the successful applicant the opportunity to do important work with an organisation that provides important local services and develop your career in a supportive and friendly environment.
What we offer
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 21 May 2017
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated/Interview date: Monday, 5 June 2017
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.