IT Trainer - up to 12 months contract
Employer: Waverley Borough Council
- Reference: DFD/17/40140
- Published on: Wed 02/08/2017 13:10 PM
- Closing on: Mon 21/08/2017 09:00 AM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Salary £27,404 per annum, FTE
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Godalming - Surrey
Up to 12 months contract
The IT Trainer is a key role where you will be working with all staff and Councillors within the Council.
To be considered for this role you will need to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint and other Waverley applications commonly used by staff. Interpersonal skills and experience relating to people are essential along with an ability to build others’ confidence through motivation and support during the provision of IT training. You will be working with internal customers at all levels enabling them with new and improved skills.
What makes a good IT trainer? Three top skills include:
- Strong communication—Understand the information that needs to be communicated and deliver this information and ensure that it is understood.
- Organisation—Prepare training sessions in advance using a well-thought-out approach that gives trainees the greatest chance of success
- Differentiation—Evaluate and recognise the employees’ skill levels in order to deliver the most effective type of training.
The bottom line, “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to.” Sir Richard Branson.
Salary £27,404 per annum, FTE.
37 hours: Full or Part time applications accepted.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Linda Frame, IT Development Manager, on 01483 523157.
We do not accept CVs without a completed application form. Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on Monday 21 August 2017.
Interview date: Tuesday 5 September 2017.
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Online link to apply for this vacancy.
If you are not already on Waverley’s website for this role, you will be redirected to our job page for this vacancy. Either click Apply Online at the bottom of this page or at the top left hand side under Waverley Borough Council, click either the “Login” button (if you are already registered) or the “Register” button.
The login/register buttons will redirect you to the JobsGoPublic who manage our online recruitment process. Here, once registered (it’s free and really easy to use) you can log into your application at any time and keep track of where you are in the recruitment process. We strongly encourage candidates to use this system when applying for any vacancy with us as it’s our preferred recruitment application method.
If you are unable to use this service or would like assistance, please contact us via or call the Employee Services team on 01483 523388.