Junior Digital Developer
Employer: Brighton & Hove City Council
- Reference: B&H02938
- Published on: Mon 10/07/2017 11:10 AM
- Closing on: Sun 23/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £23,398 to £24,964
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Brighton
Digital is the Future – Join our Digital First team in Brighton & Hove City Council
Do you want to learn how to build online apps in cutting edge technology?
We are transforming the council through online digital services and you could be part of the team leading the change.
Get trained up in Mendix App Platform and coached in our state of the art Mendix Cloud architecture, deployment and integration possibilities
We are now looking for three enthusiastic, proactive, confident people who thrive in a fast-paced environment to join our digital team. Whether you have just graduated, you have been travelling for a year or you simply want a career change, we want to hear from you.
Main advert detail
About Brighton & Hove City Council
Brighton & Hove City Council provides over 700 services across the city. We care about making the city an enjoyable place to live and work, getting the basic services right, protecting those in need and growing an economy which benefits everyone.
The Digital First programme is helping drive service transformation across the council. We are putting the customer at the heart of service design and making it easier to deal and communicate with the council. A key part of this transformation is creating new, easy to use digital services for our customers. We are an energetic, dynamic team where innovation thrives.
We welcome applications from graduates, or equivalent for our new role as Junior Digital Developer for a fixed term contract until 31st March 2019.
An IT qualification would be an advantage, but not essential. You should have an interest in the web world, technology and innovation.
What’s in it for you?
• Fully-funded training followed by continuous on the job training in Mendix App Platform
• You’ll be part of a dynamic team changing how the council works
• Ongoing support and mentoring
• Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
• Working in central Brighton
• Be educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• Have a demonstrable interest in IT with an enthusiasm for technology
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Enjoy problem solving and be logical
• Be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Like working in a team with lots of different people
• Able to take responsibility for a piece of work from start to finish
Apply with your CV and covering letter telling us why you want join us. Click on the ‘Apply for job’ blue button below.
Ali Rigby Head of Digital Transformation
Tel 01273 291213
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.