LADO/Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Conference Chair
Employer: Achieving for Children
- Reference: AFC/17/39143
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 16:35 PM
- Closing on: Sat 29/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: AFC – SOCWRK: Scp 54 - 57 (£50,445 - £53,478 per annum)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Twickenham
Salary Details: AFC – SOCWRK: Scp 54 - 57 (£50,445 - £53,478 per annum)
Appointment Type: Full-time
Directorate: Standards and Improvement
AfC was recently named as Social Work Employer of the Year for 2016 at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year awards ceremony, beating off competition from local authorities and national agencies to win the award. We were recognised for our work to encourage innovation and empower staff, building a strong team spirit, and investing in staff development.
As a social enterprise owned by two local authorities, we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers
What we are looking for
We are looking for two experienced practitioners to join our Quality Assurance and Reviewing Service at a time of exciting and positive change.
The Quality Assurance and Reviewing Service is responsible for:
• The Local Authority Designated Officers; managing allegations made against people who work or volunteer with children
• Independent Reviewing Officers; ensuring that the local authority is meeting is statutory requirements in relation to Children Looked After
• Child Protection Conference Chairs; monitoring the quality and effectiveness of child protection plans and processes
Working for Achieving for Children, you will have the opportunity to operate at the cutting edge of children’s services delivery. We are an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, and responsible for delivering the entirety of both boroughs’ children’s services.
We have been up and running for three years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be considered for a position within the Quality Assurance and Reviewing Service, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people. We would like to develop your talents and confidence in working across all of the service areas, whilst allowing you to specialise in particular areas of special interest. We would be particularly interested to hear from those who would be keen to develop our LADO service.
In addition to being a qualified social worker, with at least five years experience you will be able to demonstrate an ability to:
• Chair complex, multi-agency and multidisciplinary meetings, considering evidence presented and making judgements regarding significant harm, appropriate care plans and ongoing risks.
• Work autonomously and use the authority of the role appropriately
• Demonstrate excellent presentation skills using knowledge and experience of Safeguarding, Child Protection and Children Looked After legislation, policy and statutory guidance
• To analyse and plan strategically to ensure the service provided develops to meet changing needs and requirements
• Evidence significant post qualifying training demonstrating a commitment to continuous professional development
The successful candidate will have access to;
• Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
• A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
• Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
• A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
• Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
• Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Vivien Rimmer, Safeguarding Standards Manager – 020 8831 6008 for an informal discussion.
Closing Date - Sunday 30th July
Interview Date - 3rd and 4th August
How To Apply
To apply, please go to the Kingston Council website