Learning Mentor for the Rivermead/Mid Kent College Post-16 Partnership
Employer: Medway Schools | Rivermead School
- Reference: N/A
- Published on: Fri 23/11/2012 17:00 PM
- Closing on: Fri 07/12/2012 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Contract
- Hours: 27hrs per week term time only + 5 inset days (one year contract)
- Salary: C1 – Salary: £16,830 - £22,221 per annum, pro rata + SEN allowance (£1177 per annum, pro rata)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Mid Kent College and Rivermead School
We are looking for two enthusiastic individuals, experienced in mentoring and supporting young people, to take a leading role in our new post-16 provision based at Mid Kent College.
The Rivermead/Mid Kent College Post-16 Partnership provides focussed support to young people with additional needs, many with Aspergers’ Syndrome and other Autistic Spectrum Disorders, enabling them to successfully access mainstream college courses at all levels and to develop independence and skills for employment and progression.
The Learning Mentor will provide daily support to develop academic and personal skills and oversee progress across all areas. The role will involve working as part of a team within the college and school as well as with parents and the larger team of professionals supporting the young people.
Applicants must have:
- Previous professional experience of working with young people with additional needs, including autism, preferably but not exclusively in a learning environment.
- Education and qualifications to Level 3 or above (this must include English and Mathematics to at least level 2).
- Experience and training directly related to supporting and mentoring young people.
- Excellent communication, organisational skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to relate well to young people and adults.
- A current driver’s licence.
Offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure and Health Declaration.
For further information please contact Mrs Karen Watkin (Office Manager) Tel: 01634 338348. Email:
Closing date: Midday 7th December 2012
Interviews week beginning: 10th December 2012
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
This school is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment