Legal Team Manager (Property Planning and Contracts)
Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: LBB/17/25287
- Published on: Wed 04/01/2017 10:55 AM
- Closing on: Mon 23/01/2017 14:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £49,143 - £57,420 p.a. inclusive of Choices Benefits*
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: London Borough of Bexley, Civic Offices, 2 Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent
About the role
Are you a commercially minded and astute property solicitor or lawyer looking to make your mark within a high profile and expanding role?
This is an extremely exciting time to join Bexley Council having placed a new and significant emphasis on our growth agenda – both externally and internally. This includes supporting new commercial developments, the acquisition of residential properties and increasing council income from land and/or property investments.
As the council’s property law expert you will play an integral part in the delivery of this growth agenda, including working closely with clients and partners.
In this pivotal role, you will have considerable scope to develop the profile and performance of the team. You will raise our reputation by helping to achieve key council objectives, as well as being critical in protecting our interests and mitigating against risk. You will also be instrumental in shaping the service so it is an exemplar of excellence - using innovation, cutting-edge delivery methods and ensuring a strong focus on customer care and a commercial approach.
As a qualified solicitor or barrister, you will have a proven track record in property law. Whilst ideally you will have a knowledge of relevant local government regulations and acts, this is not essential if you have the aptitude and tenacity to upskill and work in a political environment. This would include ensuring relevant legal implications, acts and regulations are fully considered before decisions are made and are included in reports to elected members.
As a team manager, you’ll provide clear direction and support across property, planning and contract services and offer particular expertise to support major property developments. You will provide continuous support, development and mentoring which will both upskill and empower your team.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
Our Legal Service is recognised by Lexcel as ‘outstanding’ and offers a modern working environment and practices. This Includes the opportunity to work 2 to 3 days a week from home.
• Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,253 per annum
• An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
• Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
• Relocation Scheme
• Career average revalued earnings pension scheme
• Performance related pay
• Up to 27 days annual leave (rising to 30 days after 5 years service) plus bank holiday entitlement
• MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – includes childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
• Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
• Access to Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
We want to make the application process as straightforward as possible. We just ask for you to complete an online application form and provide brief information against a couple of specific application questions.
For informal enquiries, please contact Eleanor Clarke or Sue Wait at Jobsgopublic SmartSearch, our retained consultants, on 020 7427 8255 or email .
Interviews week commencing 30th January
Closing date: 2pm, Monday 23rd January
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers