Employer: Bracknell Forest Council
- Reference: BLC/13/1932
- Published on: Thu 05/09/2013 23:59 PM
- Closing on: Thu 26/09/2013 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Evenings, Weekends, Permanent
- Hours: 37
- Salary: £17,559 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Berkshire
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with excellent customer care skills to help cover both wet and dry side duties within Bracknell Leisure Centre, one of the south’s premier leisure facilities.
You must be a competent lifesaver qualified to the RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification standard and will ideally have previous experience of working within a leisure centre setting. Your main function will be to ensure the comfort, enjoyment & safety of our customers. Flexibility with regards working hours and reliability are also essential to this post.
All applicants will be required to complete a standard DBS Disclosure.
Your main duties will involve:
- Lifeguarding the swimming pools;
- Cleaning & inspecting the changing facilities;
- Setting up and taking down equipment in all activity areas in accordance with booking requirements;
- Undertaking check lists aimed at ensuring we provide a safe environment for our customers;
- Liaising with other departments within the Leisure Centre.
In return we offer good rates of pay (including opportunities to earn overtime), full training, uniform, subsidised meals when on duty and free use of most facilities. You will also be enrolled in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Duty Manager on 01344 454203.
Bracknell Forest Council – Working for Equality. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.