Litigation Lawyer X3
Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: F&G/17/38681
- Published on: Mon 10/07/2017 13:40 PM
- Closing on: Thu 03/08/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours.
- Salary: £35,286 -£43,815
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Waltham Forest Town Hall, Forest Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 4JF
Grade PO3 – PO5 (£35,286 - £43,815)
We are looking for three enthusiastic Litigation Lawyers (permanent contracts) to join our Litigation and Public Law Team who want to conduct a range of complex litigation matters including Housing; Judicial Review, Employment, civil/criminal litigation and who are wanting the opportunity to practice across a range of different litigation areas. Applicants should be qualified Barristers or Solicitors and have some experience in one or more of these areas with a willingness to undertake advocacy.
All levels of PQE considered including newly qualified.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
How To Apply
The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative.
For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council