Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
The Public Health and Leisure Team are currently recruiting for the above role and are looking for an exceptional and experienced candidate to take on this exciting remit. The councils Leisure & Cultural Strategy 2016-2020 vision for Hounslow to be;
'A borough known for its richness of high quality leisure and cultural services where every resident will have the opportunity to take part in leisure and cultural activities'
This role is responsible for supporting the achievement of this vision and the Councils corporate objective to create Active, Healthy communities. With an ambitious target to cut physical inactivity levels by half by 2025, the post holder will be required to be dynamic and innovative in their approach to the provision of physical activity and sport services and facilities. Reporting directly to the Head of Parks this role is perfect for an individual that understands and is passionate about the difference that physical activity and sport can make to our residents health and wellbeing.
Key Responsibilities (no more than 4 points)
- To support the Head of Parks in delivering the Council's strategic priorities for public health and leisure.
- To effectively deliver the 'Supporting Residents to be active' priority within Hounslow's Leisure and Cultural Strategy 2016-2020.
- Provide strategic direction for leisure centre provision, physical activity and health, play, sports and facility development leading on business planning and project prioritisation ensuring these are aligned to corporate priorities and are sustainable
- To manage effectively internal and external relationships with key stakeholders, Councillors and senior council offices to maximise joint working by building effective communication channels and fostering strategic partnerships.
Your Skills (no more than 4 points)
- Ability to develop wide-ranging, integrated plans and manage large scale and complex programmes of work
- Excellent communication skills to be able to relate effectively to different stakeholders and to explain complex issues clearly and simply within a political environment.
- Ability to develop and manage strong and effective partnerships using negotiation skills to agree and develop strategic programmes and outcomes which are evidence based, innovative and locally appropriate
- Forward and strategic thinking with the ability to anticipate emerging issues, develop creative solutions to problems and take the initiative to resolve.
Essential for The Role
(QUALIFICATIONS OR MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE BEFORE APPLYING
* Educated to university degree level or can demonstrate equivalent experience.
* Project management qualification or equivalent experience
(FOR POSTS WHICH FALL UNDER FLUENCY DUTY)
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
Closing date Friday 26th May 2017.
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 6th June 2017