Tower Hamlets’Communications and Marketing Service is seeking to appoint a Marketing Officeron a full-time basis.
The council is undergoinga major transformation with Communications and Marketing Service at the heartof its new approach. Ourmarketing work is crucial in supporting behaviour change and awarenesscampaigns that will improve the lives of thousands of people.
We need a first class MarketingOfficer to manage our brand, support our campaigns and make sure we are usingthe best strategies and tactics to reach our 300,000 residents.
Our work is based on soundresearch and evaluation, so you will know how to understand our audience andmeasure the effectiveness of campaigns.
Best of all, you have oneof the UK’s most vibrant to work for. Tower Hamlets offers the best of Londonin one borough, combining major economic centres including Canary Wharf andCity Fringe; destinations such as the Tower of London and Brick Lane; and onethe country’s most diverse and culturally rich populations.
You will be expected to:
* advise, lead andcontribute to our campaigns and other marketing work.
* ensure theeffective use of insight to ensure our work is targeted to the right peopleusing the most effective channels, and evaluated.
* provide expertadvice and support over the council’s marketing work including thecommissioning of marketing activities that are cost effective.
* ensure compliancewith the council’s branding, marketing, procurement and financial processes.
* support themanagement of the comms team marketing related systems and schedules includingoutdoor and indoor advertising.
* develop andmaintain existing and new marketing channels and income generationopportunities.
* help managesystems and processes including the Panacea system
You will be a marketingprofessional who understands how to develop and enhance our brand. You willhave a good knowledge of strategic communications planning, with research andevaluation at its core to get the best results for our investments.
You will also know how to get our messagesacross to our audiences so they can benefit from our services and those of ourpartners in order to improve their lives.
You will be expected to form excellentworking relationships with relevant departments and have a can do attitude tohelp the communications team to become an award winning service.
You will have a good understanding and experienceof campaigns, and measuring the results of your work.
You will have managed brands.
You will have a good understanding of thedevelopment of marketing materials.
Additional Job Board Text
If you have any further enquiries regarding the post then please contact Andreas Christophorou, Divisional Director - Communications and MarketingTel: 020 7364 4396
Application closing date: Wednesday 31st May 2017Shortlisting date: Monday 5th June 2017Interview date: Tuesday 13th June 2017