Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: SCH/17/39032
- Published on: Fri 14/07/2017 14:35 PM
- Closing on: Fri 04/08/2017 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time, Permanent
- Hours: 6.25 hours per week.
- Salary: £18,051 - £18,330 pro rata (£2,668 – £2,709)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Chingford C of E Primary Schools Kings Road & Cambridge Road,
Permanent & Casual Midday Assistants
Salary/Grade: Scale1c Point 8 – 10
Hours: Permanent contract 6.25 hours per week (Mon – Friday, 12pm – 1.15pm)
Closing Date: Friday 7th August 2017
Contract Term: Permanent (subject to successful probation period)
Start date: 1st September 2017
We are looking permanent and casual midday assistants to join our friendly school. We are a two form entry primary school split over two sites. You will be required to work across both sites.
The successful applicant must be:
- Highly motivated and committed to achieving the best for every child
- Set high expectations for themselves and children
- Able to foster positive relationships
- Flexible and able to work collaboratively as part of a team
Applicants must have a good standard of English and Maths and recent experience of working within a school environment is desirable.
Chingford C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as its number one priority and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Successful applicants will undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service DBS. The school aims to promote and ensure opportunity and equal treatment for all.Loves teaching and aspires to outstanding practicemething new and
Further information about the school can be found on our website www.chingfordcofe.org.uk
All completed applications should be returned by email to by noon Friday 7th August 2017 (we are unable to accept any postal applications). Interviews will be held on Wednesday 9th August 2017.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.