Newly Qualified Social Workers - Assisted Year in Employment
Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: DP/17/39792
- Published on: Thu 27/07/2017 15:45 PM
- Closing on: Sun 20/08/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36.5 hours per week.
- Salary: £25,951 - £32,486 (Plus a relocation package up to £6,000 - Terms & Conditions will apply)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Birmingham
Having successfully completed your Degree or Masters; you’ll be looking to 'kick start' your social work career.
In Birmingham, you will be given assisted support with your first year in employment; which is aimed at developing your skills, knowledge and professional confidence; based on the Professional Capability Framework PCF.
This vacancy is the first rung of the social work ladder, and allows you to start your career in one of the largest authorities in Europe.
You must register for an account to use this facility – this process takes just 2 minutes to complete. Once you have registered you will receive an email.
To activate your account please click on the link in this email, to enable you to complete your application form.
You will see that we ask you to let us know which area i.e. Children in Care, Children's Advice and Support Services, Assessment and Short Term Intervention, Safeguarding or Disabled Children's Service you would like to commence your social work career. Please only choose one, your first choice, and if your are successful, we will do our best to accomodate your request.
I have also attached a job description and person specifications for a qualified social worker role.
In completing you application you will see I have asked you to complete a series of questions. This will give you the opportunity to share with use your knowledge, skills and understanding of the role of the social worker.
Below you I have listed important dates for your diary, please make a note of these.
Good luck with your application
- Generic Grade 4 Social Worker Job Description
- Social Worker - Safeguarding or Children in Care PS
- Proposed Changes to Terms & Conditions of Employment 2016/17
- Benefits Leaflet
- How to Complete Section 8 of Your On-Line Application Form
How To Apply
Please click Apply Online below to complete your application form