Operations & Support Manager
Employer: Reading Borough Council
- Reference: CHC0250
- Published on: Fri 19/05/2017 08:00 AM
- Closing on: Thu 08/06/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week • Permanent.
- Salary: RG7 (SCP 39-45 with gateway at SCP 43 at £37,306) £34,538 - £40,057 pa
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Reading
Mobile role based out of the Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 2LU
Are you someone who can lead and motivate people to deliver high quality services, a good communicator and have experience of managing people in a customer service and administration context? This role requires someone who is able to manage and continue to develop an effective business support service for teams who work with children, young people and their families. You will directly line manage approximately 20 people across a range of sites and will be responsible for the staffing budget.
- To work as an essential part of the Service’s Management Team, maintaining a consistent approach to services offered to both internal and external customers through the effective leadership and management of a range of staff and Support Services.
- To lead, performance manage and be accountable for a group of staff, ensuring they are well organised, trained, motivated, customer focused and clear upon the service expected from them and have sole responsibility and accountability for the service delivery and the management of staff performance in own management area, ensuring that the service achieves and delivers the Council’s objectives and outcomes.
- To support the planning, organisation and logistics for inspections by external bodies such as Ofsted and Peer Reviews.
- To lead on business process design or re-design and successful implementation when new or upgrades to case record IT systems are implemented or improvements are needed.
You will need to be solutions-focused and work with supported services to identify service needs and balance resourcing to meet requirements. Work will include reviewing and monitoring admin processes and contributing to successful implementation changes.
You will need experience in managing a wide range of activities and can demonstrate that you can organise and manage people to work to performance standards and deadlines.
Internal Reading Borough Council employees must login via Employee Self Service to apply. If you have not yet been issued with your Employee Self Service account, or you have any queries, please email with details.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.
Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
Closing date: 8 June 2017
Shortlisting: w/c 12 June 2017
Interviews: w/c 19 June 2017