Part-Time Referral and Advice Officers - Children's Advice & Support Service
Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: DP/17/39124
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 16:10 PM
- Closing on: Mon 31/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 15 hours per week. 2 post working on Thursdays and Fridays and 1 post working Fridays and Mondays.
- Salary: £19,430 - £24,964 (pro-rata to 15 hours per week)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: 1 Lancaster Circus, Birmingham
We are looking for people to join our team who support some of the most vulnerable children, young people and their families in our City.
We have 3 part time positions working 15 hours per week over 2 days; either Thursday’s and Fridays or Friday’s and Mondays.
As part of a team, you will provide responsive assistance to the public who place new requests for our services for children and/or their families.
The requests will be made either by email or over the phone.
You will also undertake initial telephone assessments and provide advice to our customers verbally as well as in writing.
Therefore, you must be comfortable speaking to the general public as well as have the competence and confidence to maintain up to date electronic records; ensuring accuracy is maintained at all times.
In addition, you should have previously worked in a role where children’s social care, family support or early help has been an element; this, coupled with accurate data inputting skills and the ability to communicate with professionals and members of the public will be advantageous.