Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play and how better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our city and we are currently looking for a Graduate / Planning Officer who can share in our vision and ambitions to help shape the future of the city. On a daily basis the job holder will be required to help facilitate a wide range of development engaging with both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure the Council’s planning policies and other issues are correctly interpreted and applied in the Development Management process.
Please contact Katy Lycett, Interim Development Management Manager for further information.
The role will involve:
- Site visits and this individual will be required to conduct site assessments.
- Working outside of normal hours when necessary to meet the service delivery requirements.
- Managing a varied caseload of applications and negotiating on schemes where necessary in a timely manner.
- Attending both internal and external meetings where necessary to meet the service delivery.
- You need to be well organised with proven verbal, written and presentation skills, have a strong proactive and positive approach and a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- We are ideally looking for a candidate with previous planning experience, but will also consider recent graduates seeking to kick-start their planning career and who are eligible to work towards full membership of the RTPI.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best and with an employer contribution rate of 19.7%
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Excellent in house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
How To Apply
To apply, please click the link below and fill in our digital application form on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 26 May 2017.
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.