Employer: London Borough of Bexley
- Reference: CEX0000031
- Published on: Wed 26/07/2017 14:05 PM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £28,667 - £40,606 per annum (inclusive of market premium)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Bexleyheath
This is an exciting time for the London Borough of Bexley; we are at the heart of regeneration and change as London moves east. The Planning Department is gearing up for growth and we are looking to attract ambitious planners; from graduates starting their career, to those capable of leading on major and strategic applications.
Investing in people is important to us, so we offer dedicated training and career development is essential to us.
These roles are key for the delivery of the Council’s strategic corporate priorities. Working for us you will have the opportunity to make a real difference for our residents, securing ‘Growth’ with new homes and regenerating our town centres.
The ideal candidate will have relevant planning qualifications and eligibility for membership of the RTPI as well as experience of working within Development Management. You will be ambitious for new opportunities and want to work as part of dynamic and friendly team to meet the Borough’s growth ambitions.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, career progression, and a flexible, modern and accommodating working culture, come and join us on our Journey.
For an informal chat about these posts, please call Robert Lancaster on 020 3045 3342.
Bexley is a London Borough with big growth ambitions across the Borough and along Bexley Riverside. We also have award-winning parks, open spaces and listed buildings. We work in a modern office environment in the heart of Bexleyheath.
What we offer:
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- Up to 25 days Annual Leave (rising to 28 after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
- Closing Date for your application: 28/08/2017
- Please follow the link to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the JD/Person Specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages.
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers
Bexley Council is committed to a policy of equality and diversity for all staff regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability or any other factor. Our Diversity Policy demonstrates a commitment to all job applicants. Our aims are to:
• promote equality of opportunity
• eliminate unlawful discrimination, and
• promote good relations between people from different backgrounds
We are committed to ensuring that employees who have a disability are given every possible assistance in the workplace, and have achieved the ‘Positive about Disabled People’ award, which gives all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification the opportunity to be interviewed.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.