Employer: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Reference: C&D/17/34218
- Published on: Fri 12/05/2017 11:53 AM
- Closing on: Mon 05/06/2017 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Salary: £45,666 to £48,489
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Walthamstow Town Hall, Forest Road, E17 4JF
Policy Manager P07
London’s moving north-east and it is an exciting and dynamic time to be working in Waltham Forest.
Waltham Forest Council is looking to recruit an exceptional Policy Manager to manage a team of four people. You will have extensive experience of working in a public sector policy environment and a good understanding of the workings of central and local government. You will also have some experience of partnership working and working with, and influencing senior stakeholders.
Based in Walthamstow, the team is a centralised policy team which sits at the heart of the council. It is fast-paced and busy and you will have a real opportunity to work closely with the council’s new leader and to shape policy for the benefit of our residents.
The borough is growing and changing, bringing with it challenges and great opportunities. It is culturally diverse and has a vibrant community, rich in culture and is at the forefront of regeneration in London.
Closing Date: 5th June 2017
Shortlisting Date: 12th June 2017
Interviewing Date: To Be Confirmed
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 strategic outcomes contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
• Promoting equality of opportunity
• Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
• Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels
• Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.