Nacro is a social justice charity. It helps vulnerable people to change their lives and to reach their full potential by addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation. We design and deliver services that equip people with the skills, advice, attitude and support they need to move their lives on and to become part of their community. Our services cover education, housing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending.
Nacro is looking to recruit a Practitioner to assertively reach out to vulnerable women of all ages for whom, should they get pregnant, there could be potential safeguarding issues for the child. Your overarching aim is to reduce the numbers of looked after children with a specific focus on reducing the numbers of repeat removals. To achieve this you will provide support, of a befriending nature, to vulnerable women. This is so that should they get pregnant or be pregnant, the woman's chances of keeping her child are improved.
This post is a Fixed-Term Contract until 31st March 2018, working 40 hours per week.
This role is subject to a (GOR) Genuine Occupational Requirement for the role to be applicable to females only due to the work being dedicated to working with vulnerable females and families, many of which have been victims of crime or domestic violence.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- To provide information, advice and support on the telephone, face to face and in groups.
- To undertake elements of assessment and case management with clients in line with specific project response criteria.
- To ensure all safeguarding issues are reported and dealt with in accordance with policies and protocols.
- To liaise with external agencies, e.g. GP's, treatment providers, social care services.
- To provide information and support Women to access other support services to address the underlying issues causing the risk of a child being taken into care and to enable service users and their families to integrate with their local communities.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of supporting service users in a relevant community based environment and hard to reach client groups
- Experience of working in a relevant voluntary sector organisation
- Experience of implementing service user engagement and attrition prevention strategies on a group and one-to-one basis
- Experience of group and one-to-one interventions with service users
- Experience of working with vulnerable birth mothers and mothers who have experienced separation from their child/children with complex needs
DBS check will be required
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, where people feel safe and are supported to reach their aspirations. In order to achieve this, our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime, and prevent offending behaviour, by working across a number of key areas including Education, Housing, Justice, Health, Resettlement Advice, and by influencing policy and adhering to our values of being courageous, inspiring, reliable and focussed on outcomes.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/
. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.