- Reference: PPCW936
- Published on: Wed 29/10/2014 00:01 AM
- Closing on: Mon 17/11/2014 23:58 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Salary: JG7:- £25,727 per annum
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Based in Weston-super-Mare
“Working to prevent youth offending and to enhance community safety”
North Somerset Youth Offending Service (YOS) is a successful partnership between North Somerset Council, Police, Probation, Clinical Commissioning Group, Police and Crime Commissioner and other agencies. It works with those young people subject to statutory youth justice interventions (including youth conditional cautions, community orders and custodial sentences) and young people at risk of offending and/or substance misuse; and provides services to carers, families and victims.
The YOS manages a number of targeted projects including the Youth Inclusion Support Project (YISP). As a result of a planned expansion of the Junction 21 Mentoring Scheme we are recruiting a preventative caseworker to work with young people aged 10 -17 years through the YISP. The worker will support mentoring scheme colleagues however the post holder’s work focus will be YISP.
This is a one year fixed term post. The post may be extended should further funding be secured.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Case manage and deliver interventions to young people and their families.
- Contribute to the training, supervision and development of mentors and other YOT staff.
- Develop and manage a range of programmes / activities related to reducing or preventing offending behaviour.
You will need:
- Degree level or equivalent professional qualification in Criminal Justice/social/youth/education work.
- Sufficient direct work with young people whose behaviour can be challenging or anti social.
- Sufficient months experience of working as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including skills to assess and address attitudes, behaviour and need.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer
We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.