- Reference: PPRC0217
- Published on: Thu 16/02/2017 10:05 AM
- Closing on: Mon 06/03/2017 23:08 PM
- Working Pattern: Job-Share, Part Time, Permanent
- Hours: 2.5 days per week (job share).
- Salary: JG7: £26,556 per annum pro rata
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Weston-super-Mare
“Working to prevent youth offending and to enhance community safety”
North Somerset Youth Offending Service is a successful partnership between North Somerset Council, Police, National Probation Service, Clinical Commissioning Group, the office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, and other agencies. The YOS works with those young people subject to statutory youth justice interventions (including cautions with programmes, community orders and custodial sentences) and young people who might be at risk of offending and/or substance misuse; and provides services to carers, families and victims.
The YOS has a number of targeted early prevention projects including the Youth Inclusion Support Project (YISP). YISP offers targeted, time-limited interventions to young people who might be at risk of offending/school exclusion, etc and others, as appropriate, within the wider family.
Some evening/weekend work will be required.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Case manage and deliver interventions to young people and their families.
- Develop and manage a range of programmes/activities related to reducing or preventing offending behaviour.
You will need:
- Professional qualification to degree level or equivalent in Criminal Justice/social/youth/education work.
- In depth experience of direct work with young people whose behaviour can be challenging or anti-social.
- Previous experience of working as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including skills to assess and address attitudes, behaviour and need.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
If you have enquiries on this post please contact James Hopkins on 01275 888360
Want to know more and apply?
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.