Primary Teacher - iCollege
Employer: West Berkshire Council
- Reference: S/17/39075
- Published on: Mon 17/07/2017 09:18 AM
- Closing on: Fri 15/09/2017 15:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time, Permanent
- Salary: £20,000 - £39,999
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: iCollege
Primary and Secondary Pupil Referral Units within West Berkshire
iCollege is a new Pupil Referral Unit formed with the merger of The Reintegration Service and Alternative Curriculum 14-19. iCollege provides education and support for students across all Key Stages who may have been excluded, or are at risk of exclusion and might also have social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
A 0.8 permanent role within the Primary Unit (KS1 and 2)
from September 2017
TMR + SEN allowance £2,085 (pro-rata)
We are seeking:
• A highly motivated, talented/innovative and outstanding classroom practitioner to join our Primary team in enabling students to successfully reintegrate back into mainstream education across West Berkshire.
• All round practitioners who have sound, current knowledge of education with experience of students with SEBD preferred.
• Applicants need to have excellent knowledge of primary teaching and be enthusiastic, flexible, practical and resourceful as well as being able to support pupils who can sometimes become angry or distressed.
This will be a challenging role both physically and emotionally, however we offer:
• A supportive Leadership team
• Experienced support staff
Closing date: Friday 15th September 2017 - 12 noon
Interview date: wc 18th September 2017
For further information or an application pack please email or phone Karen Price 01635 48872
iCollege is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people, enabling them to have the best outcomes and it expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Council supports Equal Opportunity of employment, and positively encourages applications from people in under represented groups such as people with disabilities or from a minority ethnic group.
How To Apply
For further information or an application pack please
or phone Karen Price 01635 48872