Employer: Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Reference: REC/17/00527
- Published on: Tue 08/08/2017 11:25 AM
- Closing on: Tue 29/08/2017 11:25 AM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £38229 - £41025 per annum
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Greenwich, SE18 6HQ
The Capital Projects team within Royal Borough of Greenwich are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team delivering schools schemes across the Greenwich Borough. The schools programme consists of a series of significant capital investment projects aimed at providing additional school places and planned maintenance.
The successful candidate will manage the delivery of the current phases of projects right from project definition, through design and construction, up to practical completion and handover to the asset management team. The role will act as the first point of contact for each project. Key functions of this important role are to act as the "intelligent client" and to undertake the extensive internal/external stakeholder management activities required to take the project through to completion.
The right candidate will:
- Have a good awareness of project management processes and be able to apply them
- Have knowledge and experience of construction processes and methods
- Have experience of procurement including appointing both external consultants and principal contractors and have knowledge of procurement regulations
- Have knowledge and experience of using both JCT and NEC contracts
- Have a good understanding of relevant statutory requirements
- Be a strong communicator both written and verbal
- Be aware of Local Authority approval processes and have the ability to navigate these processes to gain approvals.
- Have strong IT skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be able to prioritise workload, multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
- Be pro-active with the ability to act on their own initiative.
- Be of chartered or near chartered status
Royal Borough of Greenwich encourages applications from all sections of the community