Nacro is a social justice charity. It helps vulnerable people to change their lives and to reach their full potential by addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation. We design and deliver services that equip people with the skills, advice, attitude and support they need to move their lives on and to become part of their community. Our services cover education, housing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending.
Nacro is seeking an outstanding individual to work as part of team to help deliver accommodation, housing management and support across their specialist supported housing service for young people across the Basildon area.
Hours of work for this role will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and identify the support needs of service users
- Create outcome focused support plans with clients
- Engage with referral agencies where appropriate
- Attend regular meetings to ensure service is achieving aims
- Advise and support tenants on managing their tenancy
- Assist clients to access support services in the area
- Design and deliver an effective programme, learning or support plan with the service user
- Actively engage with service users in decisions that affect them, informing them of their procedural and representational rights
- Create and conduct Risk assessments
- Report and manage maintenance issues
- Manage a varied and complex workload
- Manage deadlines, maintain up to date records and reporting systems
- Work towards high standards
The successful candidate will have previous experience:
- Of working with young vulnerable adults,
- An understanding of the issues affecting young people,
- Excellent communication and IT skills,
- Of support planning, risk assessment and housing management.
A full driving licence and access to vehicle is essential for this role.
DBS check required.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/
. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.