Nacro is a social justice charity. It helps vulnerable people to change their lives and to reach their full potential by addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation. We design and deliver services that equip people with the skills, advice, attitude and support they need to move their lives on and to become part of their community. Our services cover education, housing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending.
Nacro are looking to recruit a Housing Project Worker to provide housing management and resettlement support including the delivery of tenancy readiness training to service users in supported housing to enable them to develop the skills and confidence for moving onto sustained accommodation and maintaining independent living
Duties will include:-
- To evaluate and identify the support needs of those who will be using the service
- Create outcome focussed support plans with clients
- Conduct risk assessments
- Balancing and identifying areas of risk to the individual and the community.
- Supporting clients to attain or sustain independent living in a community based setting to sustain their tenancy and successfully move on to permanent accommodation
- Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues
- Working with the client and a variety of agencies to achieve these aims
The successful candidate should have:-
- Experience of working in the same or a related field and an understanding of the needs of vulnerable individuals and offenders.
- A sound understanding of housing management, welfare benefits including housing benefit and of maximising clients' income.
- Experience of property management in terms of void inspections, Health & Safety checks and of repairs and maintenance issues.
- Ability to produce robust risk and needs assessments and effective action plans to ensure tenancy readiness.
DBS required for this role.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal
Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/
. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.