- Reference: 54380
- Published on: Fri 10/02/2017 16:12 PM
- Closing on: Fri 24/02/2017 16:12 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: £18752 per annum + see advert
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Tyne & Wear
Nacro is looking to recruit a Project Worker based in Sunderland to work across our housing resettlement services in Sunderland to support vulnerable people and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
This role will be working Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm with occasional evening and weekend work.
The role will involve but is not limited to:
- Providing housing management and resettlement support to adults with a range of support needs day to day responsibility for providing housing support with an assigned case load of clients and the management and health & safety of those properties
- Carrying out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user
- Designing and delivering an effective support plan with the service user
- Creating Risk assessments
- Working towards high standards
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience of working within housing and residential services with vulnerable adults and families
- Experience working with multi agencies
- An understanding of Welfare reform and the impact it will have on the client group.
- An understanding of the barriers that vulnerable people face.
- Experience of completing client led support plans
- Experience of completing Risk assessments
- Experience of managing rent accounts and a good understanding of Housing benefit
- A positive can do attitude
- Energy and enthusiasm with a commitment to deliver an excellent service
Drivers licence and own vehicle is essential.
DBS is required.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.