- Reference: 54557
- Published on: Thu 11/05/2017 14:42 PM
- Closing on: Thu 25/05/2017 14:42 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Salary: £20052 per annum + see advert
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Nottinghamshire
Nacro are looking for a Support Worker working within their housing services. The role will be working with vulnerable young people who have been referred via Nottingham City Council. The role will be working with young people aged 16-25 years.
This post involves working Monday to Sunday shifts on a rota system. Hours of work will be 8am - 4pm, 10am - 6pm and 1pm - 9pm Weekend work is required and shifts are generally every third weekend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clients to access support services in the area
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for the vulnerable young people living in the schemes
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user
- Design and deliver an effective programme, learning or support plan with the service user
- Create smart and detailed risk assessments
- Report and manage maintenance issues & properties
- Manage a varied busy & complex workload
- Maintain up to date records and produce relevant reports as requires
- Work towards high standards
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Experience (paid or voluntary) of housing or residential work,
- The ability to work well with statutory agencies and their requirements are essential.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge of welfare benefits relating to families, as well as an understanding of the housing and resettlement needs of families with support needs.
A driving license and access to your own vehicle is desirable
DBS Check required.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.