Employer: South Oxfordshire District Council / Vale of White Horse District Council
- Reference: 00314642
- Published on: Fri 16/06/2017 16:15 PM
- Closing on: Fri 14/07/2017 16:15 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: £20578 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Wantage
Vale of White Horse District Council is a forward thinking local authority, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for an experienced promotions officer to join the leisure team. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. The position will be based at The Beacon in Wantage, which is a community venue providing cinema, theatre, live music, children’s entertainment a friendly coffee shop and fully licensed bar.
Position: Promotions OfficerLocation: The Beacon, Wantage, OxfordshireJob Type: Full Time, PermanentHours: 37 hours per weekSalary: £20,578 per yearBenefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; free parking.
About the role:
To ensure the effective marketing and promotion of The Beacon. The post holder will be responsible for conducting extensive market research and developing marketing materials that are innovative and professional.
- Use a range of marketing and communication tools to maximise income, by increasing attendances at events and increasing the choice of activities on offer- Develop, implement and review the Beacon marketing plan as part of the facilities overall business plan, in conjunction with the team leader- Develop positive working relationships with local media to promote the facility and its activities through press releases and briefings, editorials, listings and advertising- Plan a varied and engaging programme of events for The Beacon that meets the needs of the community.- Plan the film screenings for the monthly cinema events- Identify ways to increase awareness of The Beacon and promote its identity as a brand and ensure it remains a focal point of the town- Develop, design and manage the production of a range of leaflets, brochures and other publicity to promote The Beacon programmes, activities and events- Manage the marketing and promotion budget for The Beacon and review the impact of marketing initiatives on income- Manage and further develop The Beacon website, e-newsletter and social media accounts- Support The Beacon team in day to day running of the facility when required, such as taking bookings, helping in setting up rooms or serving in the coffee shop and bar- Attend events to promote local awareness of the Beacon brand and facility- Create regular user and non-user surveys in line with business requirements
- 3 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grades A – C or equivalent- Experience working in marketing, promotions or communications- Experience of marketing and promotions using social media- Good IT skills including Microsoft word, excel, power point, email, use of internet and use of electronic booking systems- Experience of managing and coordinating events and activities- Work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Knowledge of licensing laws, including alcohol, gambling and performances- Partnership skills including the ability to consult and liaise effectively, and to build relationships and networks- Knowledge and understanding of working in a local government setting
You may have experience of the following: Promotions Officer, Marketing Events Assistant, Public Relations, PR Officer, Events Manager, Marketing Communications, Press Officer, Journalist etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.