PSO - GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY JUSTICE
Employer: London Community Rehabilitation Company
- Reference: PSOG/0466/AH
- Published on: Tue 15/02/2011 23:59 PM
- Closing on: Mon 07/03/2011 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: £21,391 - £27,102 plus £3,850 London Weighting per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: SW1P
London Probation Trust employs 3,000 staff and at any one time supervises 45,000 offenders across London’s 32 boroughs. Working in London offers a chance to work in one of the world’s most culturally diverse cities. This diversity is mirrored in both our staff group and the offenders with whom we work.
We are looking for committed, dynamic and motivated people to:-
• Work with offenders to change their lives and reduce re-offending
• Work with the police and local authorities to make communities safer
• Advise courts when sentencing offenders
You will start your career with London Probation Trust as a Probation Services Officer (PSO) and immediately begin the fast track qualification (Graduate Diploma in Community Justice) to become a Probation Officer within 15 months.
To be eligible you must have one of the following degrees gained within the last 5 years:-
• Community Justice Studies
• Criminal Justice Studies
• Policing Studies
experience of working with challenging and difficult people. For example you may have done voluntary work with youth projects, prisons, police and drug/alcohol/mental health services.
In return, London Probation Trust offers a supportive environment for you to undertake studies and gain your quailification, leading to career progression opportunities. You can also expect to receive a competitive salary and benefits package including:
1. Final salary pension scheme
2. Generous annual leave: 27 Days hoildays a year in your first year
3. Salary Sacrifice Childcare Vouchers
4. LP Advantage – discount purchases
Please ensure that you complete the Supporting Evidence / Additional Information section of the application form, addressing all criteria on the Person Specification by giving examples of work experience, skills and achievements. Please use headings (as per the Person Specification) for each criteria you are addressing.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Please note that the entry requirements for this post are set by the University of Porstmouth and we are unable to accept applications from individuals who do not have a relevant degree (as stated), under any circumstances.
The London Probation Trust values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce