Nacro is a social justice charity. It helps vulnerable people to change their lives and to reach their full potential by addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation. We design and deliver services that equip people with the skills, advice, attitude and support they need to move their lives on and to become part of their community. Our services cover education, housing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Nacro to deliver Accommodation support on behalf of the Kent, Surrey and Sussex CRC in prisons throughout the Kent region.
This post will be based in HMP Rochester, the successful candidate will be based within prison and will deliver information, advice and guidance with regards to accommodation to offenders in both a 1:1 and group setting.
This role is a Fixed-term contract for 3 years, working 16 hours per week. The hours can be flexible/discussed with the candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities are not limited to but include:
- Support a case load of service users who have offended, through the provision of one to one and group work delivery, to develop skills to support their resettlement.
- Deliver information, advice and guidance in Accommodation in order to support offenders to ensure that they have somewhere safe and secure to go upon release from custody
- Liaise with partner agencies/ colleagues within the region to promote the available service to their cases and effective liaison regarding cases.
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user, including any risks, or his/her needs and requirements in respect of the service on offer.
- Design and deliver an effective programme and support plan with the service user using specialist agencies as applicable.
- Risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities/engagement with service users including personal safety.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experience delivering on support contracts
- Familiar with the Reducing Reoffending Pathways and have specific experience of providing information, advice and guidance to offenders or ex-offenders in either Housing or homelessness.
- Have experience working within a custodial environment
- Experience of achieving and evidencing outcomes against performance targets.
- Experience of developing rapport with Service Users whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- Experience of using case management or custody Information Systems.
- Awareness and understanding of resettlement and the criminal justice system
Salary for this role based on the hours of work will be £8,126 per annum.
A full drivers licence and access to own vehicle is essential.
DBS check is required.
Please note that this position involves contact with serving prisoners and is subject to prison security clearance.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services, and is committed to ensuring that this is reflected in all its practices, policies and services.
Nacro's commitment to equity involves much more than equality of access and tackling discrimination - it requires the whole of Nacro to actively embrace and promote the benefits and opportunities that diversity brings to the organisation
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/
. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date. Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.