‘People are proud to live and work in Slough where diversity is celebrated and where residents can enjoy fulfilling prosperous and healthy lives’.
Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages and Operational Manager
Slough Borough Council is looking for an energetic, dynamic and motivated individual to become a proactive member and manager within its Registration Service.
The service is responsible for the registration of Births, Deaths, Civil Partnerships and Marriages as well as management of the Coroners Service, administering the National Checking Service and British Citizenship Ceremonies.
The successful candidate will require:
- At least two years experience of working within the Registration service.
- Experience of performance managing staff to meet targets & outcomes.
- Understanding of Births, Deaths and Marriages legislation.
- Ability to deal with complex issues regarding Registration matters.
- Good IT & administrative skills.
- Highly organised and can demonstrably work on a number of priorities at any one time and the ability to be able to work flexibly and proactively using own initiative as well as work as part of a team.
- Effective listening and excellent verbal communication skills and have the ability to deal with customers in highly sensitive situations.
- The candidate will also be required to guide the service through periods of change driven by statutory requirements and a local change agenda.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you or to find out more once you have received the recruitment pack please call Yvonne Summersgill on 01753 787600.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Yvonne Summersgill on 01753 787600.
Apply for this job online at www.slough.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively email
or call our 24 hour message line on 01753 875074 for a pack, outlining the reference number above. Minicom service on 01753 875030.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25 May 2017.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.