Review and Disposals Surveyor (R13JA)
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: RCC/14/4989
- Published on: Fri 25/07/2014 16:39 PM
- Closing on: Fri 29/08/2014 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: Range 6 (£35,430 - £40,741) per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
No two days will be the same!
Medway Council is a unitary authority with a valuable and diverse property portfolio. The Valuation and Asset Management team needs a Review & Disposals Surveyor to join our busy team of five staff.
You will lead on the review and rationalisation of the council’s property portfolio, deal with disposals of surplus freehold/leasehold properties and acquire freehold/leasehold properties to meet service needs. The postholder will lead on the review and rationalisation of the council’s property portfolio, to deal with disposals of surplus freehold/leasehold properties and to acquire freehold/leasehold premises to meet service needs.
The postholder will be expected to fully understand:
- The council’s existing portfolio in terms of running costs, disposal values, liabilities and opportunities for improvement.
- The service department’s property requirements. This is so that the postholder can develop effective strategies for reshaping the council’s portfolio into a more sustainable portfolio with the right properties in the right locations.
- To prepare and seek agreement to strategies, action plans and recommendations in respect of the portfolio from senior officers and members including writing reports and attending meetings.
- To dispose of surplus properties for the best price reasonably obtainable having regard to the council’s regeneration ambitions.
- Where necessary, to acquire suitable alternative service properties on the best terms reasonably obtainable.
- To assist in corporate, directorate, partnership and other projects and where required to assist in cross-directorate and cross agency working.**]
Applicants must hold/have the following:
- To hold and maintain professional membership as a Chartered Valuation Surveyor within the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS or FRICS)
- Have a good working knowledge of local government property, planning, landlord and tenant and valuation matters and be able to demonstrate a practical application in a working environment**]
Along with all other essential requirements as listed in the job profile below.
Medway is a unitary authority in South East England with superb transport links to London.
The council understands that a motivated workforce is the most important factor for it to be successful and achieve its aims. It’s vital that employees feel rewarded for their contribution.
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 01634 334499 or if you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Noel Filmer on 01634 332415.
Please note that if you are shortlisted for interview we will normally contact you via email, therefore, please ensure you state this on your application. If you are a current Medway Council employee you will be contacted at your registered work email address only.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/employees.html for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
How To Apply
Please complete your application online, by following the attached link. If you take the option to register with us you can save your details and do not have to complete the form in one sitting.
If you are unable to do this and would prefer to be sent a hard copy please contact 01634 333333 ( Monday to Friday 8.00am – 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am – 1.00pm).
This information can be made available in other formats and languages, by phoning 01634 333333.