We have an exciting opportunity! SCST is a new and innovative company delivering children's safeguarding and social care services in Slough. It is a challenging but highly rewarding field of work making a real and positive difference to the lives of children, young people and families and helping build the resilience, social and economic strength of the wider community.
This post will require you to be responsible for the delivery of a high quality, impartial Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) Information, Advice and Support for children & young people with SEND and their parents in Slough.
You will have knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to children and young people who have SEND.
You will be a good communicator, be able to provide support to parents and young people and support them in an impartial way through the Education Healthcare Plan process.
You will have a good understanding of partnership working and will be able to support families to seek positive outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least three years experience within an educational, health or social care environment.
- Extensive experience of special educational needs and disability
- Experience of working with families, providing information, advice and support.
- Significant experience of multi-agency working with a range of different organisations.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant education, health or social care subject.
- Have passed the IPSEA Legal Training at Levels 1, 2 and 3 or have the ability to pass the training within a recognised timeframe.
- Hold a recognised qualification in disagreement resolution or mediation
How To Apply
To apply you need to complete an application form with your supporting statement outlining your skills, experience.
Application forms can be downloaded by clicking the link below.