- Reference: FAUD768
- Published on: Wed 29/06/2011 01:00 AM
- Closing on: Fri 15/07/2011 16:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: 37 hours per week (fixed-term for 6 months)
- Salary: Starting salary: JM1:- £28,636 p.a.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Based in Clevedon
The Audit, Risk and Information Service was formed in September 2009 and delivers more than 20 functions and services for the council, including internal audit, risk management, business continuity, information governance, fraud prevention and corporate and benefit fraud investigations. The service consists of six teams; Corporate Governance, Business Audit, Information Governance and Compliance, Information Management, Quality Assurance and Performance Management and Support Services.
The Senior Auditor will be based in the Business Audit Team and will be responsible for the planning, management and conduct of internal audit reviews of any council service area, many of which are delivered by external partners.
You will have substantial experience within an Internal Audit function and an awareness of local government services and processes. You will be educated to degree level or NQF level 5 with an appropriate accounting or auditing qualification, minimum MAAT/PIIA or equivalent.
For an informal discussion regarding the Senior Auditor post, please call Peter Rooney, Head of Audit, Risk and Information on 01275 888 894 or Jon Haswell, Corporate Governance Manager on 01275 884 056.
Anticipated interview date: To be confirmed
The benefits of working for North Somerset Council:
- Final salary pension
- Generous holidays
- Travel allowances
- A strong commitment to work-life balance
- All the benefits of a best practice employer
- A diverse organisation with opportunities for career development
- Flexible working times – including flexi-time, part-time, job share, term-time only
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer
We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.