Senior Finance Business Partner
Employer: Milton Keynes Council
- Reference: 59005019
- Published on: Tue 11/07/2017 12:40 PM
- Closing on: Sun 30/07/2017 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: £48,963 - £52,122
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Milton Keynes
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. You can be a part of that through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
At Milton Keynes we are proud of our track record for delivering good services for residents and our ability to manage though these challenging times with innovative and different solutions. We have recently restructured our finance team supporting the People Directorate and as a result, we now need to recruit a Senior Finance Business Partner, who can build strong and effective relationships to enhance our People Finance Team.
Reporting to the Strategic Finance Business Partner, you will provide finance support, advice and challenge to service managers in the People Directorate. You will primarily provide support to either the Adults and Public Health or Children and Families part of the directorate, but you will be expected to mutually support the other Senior Finance Business Partners in the team.
To be considered for this exciting role, you will be an experienced and CCAB qualified business partner who is able to analyse and interpret complex financial information, prepare financial models and develop effective working relationships with the service.
- To support the Strategic Finance Business Partner (People), the People Directorate and Milton Keynes Council by providing effective, efficient, timely and robust finance support services.
- Provision of financial advice to support projects and assess business options, which will include interpreting and analysing complex financial and non-financial information and preparing financial models.
- Working with senior managers to develop the medium term financial savings plan and budget whilst identifying risks and issues and providing solutions for how these can be mitigated.
- Manage, motivate and develop the staff within the team, enhancing the team’s overall performance.
- Develop improved financial awareness of non-finance managers and staff through the delivery of training and advice.
- Preparation of commentary for Cabinet and other management reports.
- Working with a wide range of external partners including the NHS, voluntary and private sector to develop system wide solutions and reshape services.
Experience, Qualifications and any Mandatory Requirements
- Qualified CCAB accountant, with post qualification experience.
- Ability to explain complicated and technical information in a manner that is understandable by those with different levels of knowledge on the subject.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions within a highly pressurised environment.
- Experience of managing staff with a proven leadership and management experience.
- Experience of financial control and reporting in a complex organisation.
- Experience of financial planning and medium term financial planning cycles in a complex organisation.
- Experience in working in Local Government supporting either the Adult or Children’s services is desirable but not essential.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Departmental Benefits of this role
- The opportunity to gain experience working across a number of dynamic and diverse areas supporting the People directorate.
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
- Option to buy more annual leave
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps via the Apply button below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30 July 2017
We at Milton Keynes Council take great pride in our city and we hope that it’s you that can help us grow and share our vision.