Senior Housing Needs Officer
Employer: Birmingham City Council
- Reference: PL1192017
- Published on: Fri 12/05/2017 12:12 PM
- Closing on: Tue 30/05/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Temporary
- Hours: 29.9 hours.
- Salary: £25,951 - £32,486 Pro Rata
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: New Aston House, Alma Street, Newtown, B19 2RL
Senior Housing Needs Officer - Housing Options Centre
£25,951 - £32,486 Pro Rata
Fixed term until 31.03.2018
New Aston House, Newtown Shopping Centre
Working hours 29.9 per week. The Housing Options service provides housing options/homeless advice for homeless households.
There is an exciting opportunity to work within the Housing Options team based in Newtown where you will be undertaking a full range of duties to resolve a customer’s housing needs.
It is crucial that you have:
- knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance and the ability to interpret, translate, communicate and incorporate into policies and procedures.
- can work flexibly to meet the needs of customers as presentations are unpredictable and challenging
- ability to work alongside external and internal partners
- extensive experience of compiling detailed letters and reports, effective case management of customers and the ability to ensure direct reporting staff draft quality letters
- Due to maternity leave this is a temporary post until 31.03.2017
- Any informal enquires please contact Marion Neil on 07730282506
- Ref: PL1192017
- Closing Date: 30 May 2017
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
- “Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”