Hounslow isn't like any other London borough council. It's a hive of diverse, creative, dedicated and talented people who are dedicated to delivering the best possible outcomes for the people they serve in the communities of Hounslow. It is an exciting place to work with friendly staff with ambitious plans to deliver the best services for our local community. We have challenging plans to improve and continually enhance our technology offering to our internal and external users and our looking for suitably qualified and customer focussed individuals to join the ICT Department.
We have recently set up a new service area focussed around delivering ICT projects. This will be headed up the ICT Technical Architect supported by ICT Infrastructure & Communications Projects officers and a new Web and Applications Development Team.
Specifically, the Senior Infrastructure and Communications project team officers will develop and enhance the Council's ICT infrastructure and network, supporting key projects including but not limited to the new Civic Centre, Worksmart, Technology Roadmaps and Web and Digital Programmes. Specifically, the role will focus on designing, developing enhancements to the corporate infrastructures as directed by the Technical Architect within agreed times and budgets; You must be highly conversant in IT security issues and be readily able to carry out impact assessments of any proposed change and communicate any issues to stakeholders, ultimately focussing maintaining a secure environment.
As a minimum the role requires: -
- At least 3 years' experience working at a senior level within server operating system technology, virtualisation technology, networking, databases, web site provision and associated protocols and communications and managing senior teams or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Project management and delivery experience;
- Experience in maintaining PSN CoCo compliance or equivalent security compliance, helping with audits and remediation work and managing changes which will cause the authority to breach the agreement;
- Experience of financial management, negotiation and timely and accurate reporting;
- Good working knowledge of local government, the services delivered by London Borough of Hounslow and the current pressures facing the sector, the dynamics with third sector partners as well as the political environment within which services are delivered;
- Good working experience of smarter working, harnessing technology to allow staff to work anywhere, anytime and the business benefits that delivers including customer improvements;
- Good working knowledge of working with a variety of stakeholders, demonstrate the ability to mitigate between different agendas, resolve conflicts and achieve positive outcomes especially in respect of benefits realisation and improved customer services;
- Good working knowledge of successfully translating business needs into a technology offer.
For candidates with greater technical knowledge and experience than detailed above there will be the opportunity to commence at a higher level in the pay banding. Please see the person specification for requirements.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.