Office Base: County Hall, Hertford
Salary Range: £38,237 - £43,821 pa
Hours: 37 per week
Contract: Full time (consideration will be given to applicants seeking part time employment)
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded Property Service. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse workload which promotes Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
What the role would include:
- Working with the ten Hertfordshire Planning Authorities to ensure sufficient infrastructure is provided in emerging local plans to support HCC services;
- Representing the County Council as a landowner to ensure best use of assets;
- Making submissions on consultation documents;
- Commissioning specialist consultants to support our representations; and
- Maintaining the good working relationships with all of our stakeholders.
What we’d like to see from the perfect candidate:
- A professional qualification or equivalent degree;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude;
- A clear ability to manage workloads, deadlines and priorities;
- The ability to take a lead on some of our key projects; and
- Experience of working in a planning policy team
Please note: A full Driving Licence is required for this role.
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Generous annual leave entitlement;
- Lease car packages;
- Excellent Career Development;
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions;
- £1,000 welcome payment to persons joining the County Council;
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme;
- Occupational maternity/paternity and adoption pay;
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes
See what working for Hertfordshire is like by viewing our Property video at http://www.countyofopportunity.co.uk/job-opportunities/professional-technical/
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June 2017
Interview Date: Wednesday 21st June 2017
For an informal discussion and more information please contact Andrea Gilmour, Principal Planning Officer, on 01992 556477.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.