Senior Service Manager - Health & Social Care
Employer: British Red Cross
- Reference: SE42670
- Published on: Wed 29/02/2012 15:02 PM
- Closing on: Fri 16/03/2012 23:59 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 36hrs per week
- Salary: £27,486 - £30,278 p.a. (under review)
- DBS Check: Yes
- Location: Winnall, Winchester (relocating to Portsmouth during 2012)
As a Senior Service Manager for Health & Social Care you will be responsible for developing, managing and organising funding for services, key programmes and projects across the Area for those in need, in line with our strategy ‘Saving Lives, Changing Lives’.
The key day to day tasks of the Senior Service Manager – Health & Social Care include:
- Development, implementation and management of local operating plans and budgets
- Managing and developing a team of staff and volunteers
- Securing contracts, grants and appropriate funding to enable service delivery
Key attributes of the Senior Service Manager – Health & Social Care include:
- Proven experience of liaising with statutory/voluntary agencies and local government
- The ability to effectively manage staff and projects
- Experience of delivering high quality services to people in need, within a health/social care setting
We offer an excellent benefits package, including 28 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank/public holidays), discounted healthcare plan membership, contributory pension scheme, childcare voucher and annual season ticket loan schemes. We also offer excellent training and development opportunities.
The British Red Cross helps vulnerable people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 16th March 2012.
Interviews will be held on 5th April 2012.
As part of the recruitment and selection process the Red Cross undertakes CRB checking of all individuals who have regular contact with children and vulnerable adults
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738)
We are committed to welcoming people from the widest possible diversity of background, culture and experience.