- Reference: J1028
- Published on: Thu 26/03/2015 14:41 PM
- Closing on: Thu 02/04/2015 13:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 39
- Salary: £29,213 per annum
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Exeter
Salary: £29,213 per annum
Location: Exeter, EX2 8LB
City Response is a repairs and maintenance contractor owned by social housing provider, The Guinness Partnership. We support the social housing sector through the provision of Responsive Repairs, Void Repairs, Planned Works and Major Projects.
We currently have four bases: our head office in Oldham, Greater Manchester; Chesterfield, Derbyshire; and as part of our continued expansion we have opened new offices in Milton Keynes and Exeter.
This is an exciting time at City Response and is a great opportunity for the right people to join a fast-growing, dynamic, forward-thinking company which is committed to its customers and employees.
We are looking for a Service Manager to join our team in Exeter.
The successful candidates will work within our Planned Works team and provide a high quality, customer focused maintenance service in compliance with relevant procedures and legislation. You will be expected to be able to work on your own initiative, within agreed performance targets, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- To deliver a responsive and pro-active customer oriented service providing value for money,
- Manage reactive maintenance works and ensure the necessary financial controls are exercised and ensure adequate operatives are designated to the contract to ensure service delivery.
- Undertake audits of work to monitor quality of work and materials including pre and post inspections as required.
- Ensure that the company’s obligations relating to maintenance are satisfied in connection with all Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are adhered to.
- Appoint where necessary approved subcontractors and monitor performance and compliance within approved status.
- Monitor operatives vehicle stock and replenishment in accordance with vehicle impress stock process.
- Effectively engage with the customer to deliver and improve the maintenance service, dealing effectively with customer complaints and customer feedback.
Skills and Experience
- Up to date knowledge of building construction, repairs and safety legislation.
- Up to date knowledge of housing sector, best practice and relevant legislation.
- Experience of successfully delivering an excellent customer focussed repair service
- Experience of repairs management information systems
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to manage operational teams.
- Experience of stock condition software / handheld devices.
- Experience of working as part of a management team delivering front line services.
- Experience of change management.
- Extensive knowledge of building maintenance technical operations.
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Closing date for this role is Thursday 2nd April 2015 at 1pm