We are looking for a Service Manager in Warlingham. This is a registered service that supports six people who all enjoy and participate actively in their local community. As a Service Manager you will develop and lead the service in accordance with person centred approaches and actively encourage community links and relationships.
As a Service Manager you will:
Provide effective leadership to enable the dynamic staff team to provide consistent high standards of support
Ensure that the service is fully compliant to relevant regulatory bodies and Avenues Groups’ policies and procedures.
Maintain an understanding of the social care sector and how it impacts on areas of responsibilities and organisation.
To work with the staff team to reinforce a culture of continuous improvement within the services.
Take ownership for continuing professional development for self and team
Empower your Assistant Service Manager to autonomously manage services in your absence
What knowledge and experience should you have?
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Experience of managing staff effectively
- Experience of managing budgets and financial information
- Knowledge of sector regulatory bodies and their standards
- Knowledge of sector relevant legislation
- Level 5 Diploma in management or equivalent experience
- Experience of leading staff team to implement Active Support
What skills and abilities will you need?
- Good communicator
- Negotiation/conflict resolution
- Management & Leadership
- Practice leadership
- IT skills
- Full clean UK driving licence is desirable
Interview Date: 22nd March 2017