Social Work Manager (CA0332JB)
Employer: Medway Council
- Reference: CA/14/3885
- Published on: Thu 17/04/2014 15:45 PM
- Closing on: Fri 09/05/2014 23:30 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours
- Salary: SW4 (£41,616 - £45,341 + £3.5k p.a.)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Medway wide
Medway Council currently have vacancies for Social Work Managers in our Children’s Social Care teams. Main Purpose of Job The Social Work Manager role is an operational role responsible for planning, leading and developing Social Workers in their designated team; ensuring the service provided is effective and delivers positive outcomes, within allocated budgets. Social Work Managers will be required to assist the Service Manager in the development of the Service and to represent, or deputise, in the absence of the Service Manager or other Social Work Managers. Social Work Managers will be responsible for managing performance and quality assurance, resources and budgets, in partnership with relevant key stakeholders. They will be expected to contribute and support the development of best practice, procedures and policy and specifically the professional development of the team they lead. They will be accountable for the practice of social workers within their team and the provision of effective professional and personal development. They will also be required to investigate any complaints arising, in a timely and efficient manner. A DBS Check at the appropriate level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Applicants must hold/have the following:
• A recognised professional Social Work Qualification – DipSW, CQSW or equivalent
• HCPC Registration
• Post-qualifying experience of managing Social Workers or being a Practice Educator of students in a statutory Child Protection, Child in Need service
• Demonstrable knowledge of current Social Service legislation, National Fostering Standards and regulations, professional practice issues and developments.
Along with all other essential requirements as listed in the job profile. Important Information
If you have any queries, please contact us on 01634 334499 or if you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Lisa Morgan on 01634 334088.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position please go to our dedicated recruitment site for Children’s Social Care http://www.medwaychildrenscarejobs.co.uk/