Solicitor / Legal Executive (M182) (Maternity Cover)
Employer: Charnwood Borough Council
- Reference: CBC/17/40591
- Published on: Wed 09/08/2017 09:25 AM
- Closing on: Sun 03/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Temporary
- Hours: 21 hours per week.
- Salary: Grade PO1-PO2 (SCP 35-42) £30784-£37306 pro rata. (Progression beyond grade P01 subject to attainment of CILEX Fellowship)
- DBS Check: No
- Location: Leicestershire
Fixed term maternity cover Sept 2017 – February 2018
Part-time, 21 hours per week
- Salary at Chartered Legal Executive level will be Grade PO1 (SCP 35 – 38) £30,784 - £33,346 (pro-rata)
- Salary at Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive Fellow level will be Grade PO2 (SCP 39 – 42) £34,537 - £37,306 (pro-rata)
(Progression beyond grade P01 subject to attainment of CILEX Fellowship)
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our busy Legal Services team on a fixed term contract.
We are seeking an experienced fee earner to run their own caseload of Planning / Property matters and Regulatory Prosecutions. You will also work collaboratively across the Councils’ functions.
The successful applicant will represent the Council in the courts, and therefore should have good advocacy skills. The ability to assist with non-contentious work is desirable but not essential.
In return we offer modern working practices with full admin support and case management.
Charnwood is an attractive place to live and work, situated conveniently between Leicester, Nottingham and Derby, with excellent transport links.
This is a career graded post allowing a Chartered Legal Executive to progress to the next pay scale following attainment of fellowship.
Benefits include access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
We base selection on job related criteria. Disabled people and ethnic minorities are particularly welcome to apply as they are underrepresented at the Council.
Disabled people who meet the essential criteria will be interviewed.
Anticipated interview date: 8 September 2017
No agencies and no CVs.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s.