About the role
Join us at an exciting time and help us bring forward opportunities that allow Clarion to make a step change and deliver its ambitious targets. As Strategic Land Manager you will review and advise on all strategic land opportunities. Managing the bid process, legal negotiations and planning promotion activity.
You’ll work alongside the Head of Strategic Land during the offer, contracting and planning stage to ensure that all aspects of strategic land are optimised. Ensuring that planning permissions are achieved on time, to an agreed fee budget and which deliver the required Clarion financial returns.
Initial priorities will be to establish and maintain a network of connections with consultants, planning authorities, solicitors and barristers. You’ll work closely with the Head of Strategic Land to appraise new opportunities against organisation growth criteria by considering options for tenure, mix, design, layout, technical designs, and use. Ensuring all projects are compliant with identified procedures, controls, financial regulations, housing scheme standards and organisation policies.
This is a national role and can be based from any of our main offices. Salary scales dependent on location:
London: £57k - £67k per annum + £5k car allowance
South East: £54,100 - £63,700 per annum + £5k car allowance
East of England/Midlands/South West: £51,300 - £60,300 per annum + £5k car allowance
North of England: £48,500 - £57,000 per annum + £5k car allowance
About the individual
• MRTPI with a strong track record of securing and managing strategic land projects.
• Proven commercial acumen and significant experience of successfully implementing new growth opportunities in line with ambitious targets.
• Experience of operating within a high performance team operating at a similar level within a diverse organisation.
• Strong planning, leadership, monitoring & motivating skills to maximise productivity and performance and to meet challenging deadlines, leading by example.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, with an ability to challenge, support, influence and engage senior managers and customers across the organisation and also externally with key stakeholders.
Please read the Internal Application Guidance Notes available from the intranet before completing your online application.
This vacancy is open to applications from employees, agency temps and volunteers of Clarion Housing Group.
Please note that if you are a member of the Customer Services Department, you must have been with the team for at least 12 months before applying for permanent internal vacancies.
This role is based on Clarion Terms and Conditions. If you are successful in your application for a role which offers a target salary which is 10% higher than your salary, you will move onto the new Clarion terms and conditions and your period of continuous employment will be protected. This excludes employees currently ‘at risk’ of redundancy or those who are part of a restructure. Please contact a member of the recruitment team before you apply if you have any questions.
We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
How To Apply
Before you apply for this vacancy, why not click here to take our quiz and find out if Clarion is the place for you to put down roots