Nacro is a social justice charity. It helps vulnerable people to change their lives and to reach their full potential by addressing social exclusion, inequality of opportunity and deprivation. We design and deliver services that equip people with the skills, advice, attitude and support they need to move their lives on and to become part of their community. Our services cover education, housing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending.
Nacro is looking to recruit a Support Worker based in Nottingham to support services to young people 16 - 25yr old in supported accommodation to enable them to develop skills and confidence they need to move on to independent living. Property management is also part of this role.
This role is part-time, working 20 hours per week (Monday - Friday), on a rota shift system.
Duties to include:
- Day to day responsibility for providing support to your own case load whilst ensuring rental income and benefits are facilitated Assist clients to access support services in the area
- Carry out initial assessment of the potential or actual service user
- Design and deliver an effective programme, learning or support plan with the service user
- Create Risk assessments
- Work towards high standards
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant experience of housing /residential work
- Experience of working with young people.
- Multi agency partnership working is also essential.
- An understanding of the funding programme and have knowledge of the welfare benefits relating to young people and housing- working with high support needs is also essential.
A driver licence and own vehicle is desirable.
Based on the hours of work the salary will be £9,376 per annum + £650 unsocial hours.
DBS is required.
28 days a year annual leave with the ability to accrue 1 day of additional holiday for every year of service up to 5 years plus bank holidays; pro rata for part-time employees
Season ticket loan
Working 35 hours per week, plus paid lunch break (40 hours in total); pro rata for part-time employees
As a committed Investor In People (IIP), continued professional development is central to our people and performance management activities. Our employees receive regular support with Personal Development Planning and have access to training and professional development opportunities.
Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is a society in which communities are crime free, and people feel safe and supported to reach their aspirations. Our mission is to positively change lives, strengthen communities, enhance social inclusion, reduce crime and prevent offending behaviour. Our values are to be courageous, inspiring, reliable and focused on outcomes. We adhere to them across our services, which include education, housing, substance misuse treatment, the prevention of reoffending, and in our work to influence policy.
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Nacro values the diverse nature of its staff and of those using its services.