Employer: Look Ahead Care and Support
- Reference: LACS/17/25528
- Published on: Mon 09/01/2017 10:02 AM
- Closing on: Wed 01/02/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours.
- Salary: £18,000 Per Annum Plus 25 days Annual leave Per Annum, Pension schemes, Staff discounts
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bracknell
Bracknell Learning Support Service is a new accommodation based and visiting Support Service that is designed to provide support for customers with learning disabilities. One of the main objectives of this service is to help customers with learning disabilities gain independence, confidence and life skills to live active lives within their community.
Post-holders will be required to demonstrate strengths in all the indicators set out in the relevant Look Ahead Competency Model. More specifically, the post-holder will:
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker.
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises.
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift.
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed.
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities.
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare.
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements.
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the support workers / management.
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned.
The above sets out the post’s key responsibilities. The post holder will be required to undertake various tasks and duties to ensure that these key responsibilities are effectively met.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.