Employer: Look Ahead Care and Support
- Reference: LACS/17/40810
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 14:10 PM
- Closing on: Fri 01/09/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week.
- Salary: £20,280 Per Annum Plus 25 days Annual Leave Per Annum, Pension schemes, Staff discounts
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Tower Hamlets
Mile End Young People Service consists of 4 accommodation-based services, plus visiting and floating support. Jeremiah House is a standalone scheme for 9 young people leaving care, while Mile End Road, with 16 units, provides a first stage response for young people with a range of complex needs. Both offer 24/7 support. Whitehorse Lane and Brokesley Street are designed for a lower level service, and Powesland Court offers 3 units of self-contained accommodation as a further step down.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead’s policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/ domestic staff/ Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.