Supported Housing Officer – Maternity Cover (1 year fixed Term contract)
Employer: Guildford Borough Council
- Reference: 2.44M
- Published on: Wed 29/02/2012 14:17 PM
- Closing on: Fri 16/03/2012 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Flexible Hours, Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 37
- Salary: £20,185 to £23,455 per annum plus casual car allowance.
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Guildford, Surrey
A full time post on a fixed term contract has become available to work within our Supported Housing Service. As a Supported Housing Officer you will be responsible for managing an accommodation based service. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who has a commitment to making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people locally.
You will need:
● an understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems, learning disabilities, substance/alcohol misuse and other vulnerabilities.
● some experience of housing management would also be helpful although this is not essential.
● the ability to co-ordinate and develop individual tenant support and care packages and enabling tenants achieve independence.
● a practical, flexible and common sense approach, and excellent team working skills.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. If you would like an informal discussion regarding the post, please call Melissa Samee or Kerry Abbs, Supported Housing Managers on 01483 535316.
We can offer you a competitive salary, free on site car parking in central Guildford, generous leave entitlement, flexible working arrangements, and support of professional development with a structured learning and development programme.
Guildford Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, applicants must be willing to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check appropriate to the post.
Interview date: 28 March 2012
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. Due to the volume of applications we regret that we cannot reply to everyone individually.
The Council is committed to continuing its policy of equality in all aspects of employment and service delivery