Targeted Youth Support Practice Manager
Employer: Hertfordshire County Council
- Reference: HCC08573
- Published on: Fri 11/08/2017 13:10 PM
- Closing on: Mon 28/08/2017 23:55 PM
- Working Pattern: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Salary: Salary Range: £38,237pa progressing to £41,025pa PLUS £3,000 annual market forces payment
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Stevenage
Job Title: Targeted Youth Support Practice Manager
Salary Range: £38,237pa progressing to £41,025pa PLUS £3,000 annual market forces payment
Hours: 37 hours per week
“Doing direct work with young people that makes a real difference”
Hertfordshire’s Children Services has successfully achieved a “Good” rating from Ofsted. We are proud that our service, Targeted Youth Support Service, was specifically commended by Ofsted for its positive and progressive work with adolescents.
The Targeted Youth Support Service is a uniquely integrated multi-agency service delivering a range of interventions to young people and their families. These include youth justice orders, statutory social work to Children Looked After and family support/early intervention for family breakdown.
You will be an integral part of the Management Team to ensure that statutory responsibilities are met in all areas, as well as analysing and planning in regard to overall service delivery. You will line manage a range of staff from various professional backgrounds.
We are a friendly, supportive and positive team. Your career development is important to us and HCC provide an excellent range of training as well as a supportive induction period into the role.
*We are looking for a committed and dedicated team player to join our service
*You will be a qualified and HCPC registered Social Worker
*You would have a proven track record of quality practice and management experience
*Ideally you will be experienced in the areas of Youth Offending and/or Children’s Services
* Line management of a range of staff
* Being a proactive member of the Management Team to drive service delivery and staff performance, and including duty management
* Supervising staff who hold complex cases to achieve positive outcomes, within a multi-agency environment
* Recording accurate and comprehensive case management information, using various IT packages
* Working in partnership with a wide range of key organisations and individuals
* Lease car scheme
* Free parking at all our sites
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent Career Development and Training
* Salary exchange for additional benefits
* Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
* Discounts and cashback on shopping/holidays/entertainment with our Herts Rewards Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
* Excellent Wellbeing schemes
For an informal discussion please contact Elaine Smith, Team Manager on 01438 844366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 28th August 2017
Interview Date: 4th September 2017
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information click here
To apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen.
As part of the application you will be prompted to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the PERSON SPECIFICATION area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application may be rejected.
For Candidate Guidance on How to Apply: Click Here
All questions marked with a * are mandatory question and must be answered – you will not be able to submit your application until all mandatory questions have been answered.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
How To Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.