Teaching Assistant (with HLTA status)
- Reference: NS S 138
- Published on: Wed 22/02/2012 01:00 AM
- Closing on: Mon 12/03/2012 12:00 PM
- Working Pattern: Part Time, Term Time, Contract
- Hours: 15 hours per week, afternoons only, term time only plus 5 inset days (Required as soon as possible until 31 August 2013. This may be extended if funding allows)
- Salary: JG5 £19,621 to £22,221 per annum, pro rata. (Actual Salary: £6895 to £7809 p.a.)
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Bournville Primary School, Selworthy Road, Weston-super-Mare BS23 3ST
School: Bournville Primary School
Hours: 15 hours per week, afternoons only, term time only plus 5 inset days
Contract: Required as soon as possible until 31 August 2013. This may be extended if funding allows
Salary: JG5 £19,621 to £22,221 per annum, pro rata.
Actual Salary: £6895 to £7809 p.a.
We wish to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to work in our highly professional and friendly Upper KS2 team. This post includes HLTA duties, which, when undertaken, will be paid at a higher rate in line with the school pay policy. Due to school expansion it is possible that this post may become permanent in the future.
The post-holder will be required to work with a wide range of children, including those with special education needs, and support different learning styles. The role demands the following:
- Leading learning in small groups or 1:1
- Participating in classroom activities
- Supporting off-site visits
- Assessing students
- Working with parents
- Pastoral care
- Team planning
- Maintaining the classroom environment
- Creating and maintaining classroom resources
- Promoting and following school behaviour policies
- Working with outside agencies
- Communicating and working with other staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in our community working with a happy, highly skilled and supportive team in an outstanding environment.
Bournville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all appointments will be subject to a criminal
records check and satisfactory references.
For further details and an application form please contact the school office. Visits are welcome, please telephone for an appointment.
Closing Date: Noon Monday 12 March 2012
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Address: Selworthy Road, Weston-super-Mare BS23 3ST
Tel: 01934 427 130